"Marjorie works quickly and precisely. She has an excellent and passionate approach to scene & script analysis, and pushes you to find an honest, sometimes-difficult inner life for the character you're working on. She helps you find a place to begin building a character you can believe in, so you can try to make others believe in it too..."
GALE HAROLD (Queer as Folk, Desperate Housewives, Fertile Ground, Deadwood, Fathers and Sons…)
- Trained extensively as an actor and apprenticed as a teacher directly under the tutelage of the legendary Stella Adler.
- Trained as an actor with the renowned Lee Strasberg and at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Faculty Member of Stella Adler Conservatory (NYC) from 1988 to 1991, where she taught Technique, Scene Study, and Script Interpretation. As a member of the administration staff, she also helped design and develop the curriculum.
- Marjorie Ballentine is one of the most sought-after coaches in Los Angeles. She is also considered by many to be the greatest living exponent of the Stella Adler technique.
- Marjorie Ballentine is now also coaching and teaching young adults (ages 12 to 20) in Adrian R’Mante’s Young Actors Camp here in Los Angeles.